Amazing people who make me go on n on n on:)

28 July, 2009

What hurts a person the most?


What hurts a person the most? Food for thought...
The amount of food I have for thought with me...phew! No wonder I am unable to attain that elusive zero figure...
I keep munching and gobbling on it all the bloody time!
Small little things of everyday life prick us all and leave scars that last a long while...the bigger hurts we are able to handle, the seemingly less important ones continue to nibble at us within.

The most common human stumbling block in this is the lack of importance from those whom we love...
Nothing can be worse than that!
To be the centre of the world for someone and then just not come within his or her revolutionary orbit!
The feeling then that...was the love showered on me just a case of the shooting star passing by or like a meteor hitting upon my surface leaving a burnt dent in me before disappearing onto nothingness?
So much planetary allusions, you must be wondering...
Well, it is like a planetary conspiracy...the famous saying...maybe it’s written in the stars....

Not just in the love between a man and a woman, it transpires most obviously in all our relations. Daughters getting married and leaving for the husband’s abode, causes them both to wonder have the strands of attachment been stretched too far? Brothers and sisters who have grown up sharing all their secrets with each other suddenly realize that there are more people entering that cosy comfort zone which they proudly safeguarded as their own.

It is said that in true love there is no possession...it’s more important to let go...but then equally true is something else that’s said...it’s easier said than done. Of course after the initial while, the heart and mind gets used to of the person not being around. But those just-been-stricken days, are excruciating to say the least and almost like someone pulled away the ground from our feet and the grounds we so contentedly stood tall on.
I would like to provide you with a key here...the key to survive such a catastrophe...but the irony here is that I just have questions and no answers. Despite going through it umpteenth of times in terms of my own experience and narration of others’ woe tales with the same...I have not yet learnt to live and tell. I have found no keys of how to deal with being shunned from importance like on the first day, first one week or maybe even the term of the first month...whatever the prolonged status of mess is considering the depth of relations. Sooner or later it would pass but then how do we make ourselves strong enough to deal with it when it arrives or its realization does in the form of the popping up symptoms?

It is said expectations are the seeding grounds of disappointments. If you expect nothing you will never get disappointed. But then aren’t we all made of the basic fabric of expectations? If we plant a seedling in the beds of our garden, would it be too unwise to expect it to mature? If we get home a puppy that jumps around us wagging its tail, is it unreasonable to expect it to continue doing so when it outgrows itself in dimensions? If we crave for our beds each night after gruelling days, is it very demanding to expect to go into a deep sleep of peace and rejuvenation?

We as humans are not unreasonable and it’s time we accept that. If I demand to be treated in a certain way, please be bloody sure that I have earned to deserve it. However, equally sure should be me that I am not over doing my demanding act. Before rights come responsibilities. I need to fulfil my duties to earn my pleasure and leisure. I need to give to be able to get. I must be less sentimental to match with the pragmatic world.
I should change me before attempting to alter the way the world thinks. And like a dear friend of mine insists after every debate we have about the essence of things in the world...ACCEPTANCE of it all ends in peace of body, mind and soul.

What hurts now would heal someday and the scars might disappear if we stop noticing them every now and then! When He provides you the wounds, he also makes arrangements for the balm...we just need to be more observant to perceive it! Also perhaps what hurts the most reaffirms its value to us and thereby reasserts the need to double in efforts to strengthen it! What hurts the most makes us seek elsewhere for that which provides us the most delight too! May each one succeed in his journeys!

13 comments:

Vemuri said...

Expectations and responsibilities are like Siamese twins – however agree on the healing therapy too – sometimes it takes a long while to accept the betrayal – healing wound – in many cases one tends to move on subject to the strength of the ‘fabric’ in that relation – so in most cases the key here would be - time

MOHAMMED FARHAN KHAN said...

u write so much dear ...how u get a tym ....hmmm...teacher effect ,,,
Hello Teacher ...can u tell me ..how do u write so much ....give me some tips ...so that i can also ...

Ashraf said...

Good read!!keep it up

Suruchi said...

@Vemuri...thanks for ur comments which always are like the concluding verdict that i miss on:)

@mohammed farhan...haha...i don't know yet if u mean that as a compliment or that u are too shocked to see someone blabbering so much...?
lemme know which one's true n i'd guide u from there;)

Suruchi said...

as for ashraf...
wow words of praise from u....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...hahaha..
wonder what's REALLY on ur mind abhi;)

Anonymous said...

Stunning story there. What happened after? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I just wish to give you a big thumbs up for the great info you have right here on this post.
I'll be returning to your blog for more soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually used to be a entertainment
account it. Glance advanced to far added agreeable from you!
However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

Anonymous said...

Very good post. I definitely love this website. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good way of explaining, and nice paragraph to get facts concerning my presentation topic, which i am going to deliver in institution of higher
education.

Anonymous said...

Hello, after reading this remarkable article i
am as well delighted to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

Anonymous said...

I believe what you posted made a lot of sense. But, consider this, what if you were to create
a killer headline? I am not saying your content isn't solid, however suppose you added something that makes people
desire more? I mean "What hurts a person the most?" is
a little plain. You should glance at Yahoo's home page and watch how they
create news titles to grab viewers interested.
You might add a related video or a pic or two
to grab readers excited about everything've got to say.
In my opinion, it could make your posts a little livelier.

Anonymous said...

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the simplest factor to take into
accout of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while other people consider
issues that they just do not recognise about. You managed
to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , other people could take a signal.
Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...