What would happen if men would think like women n women began to consider the man-view of aspects in life?
Imagine a wife eyeing her man lustily from top to bottom as though a mouth-watering chocolate dripping cake with a cherry on top*and yet a promise of no calories* has been alluringly put in sight!
Imagine then the husband says ‘Not today honey, I have a headache’
Imagine again the wife saying, ‘You always have that excuse. Why in God’s name have I married you then?’
Hypothetically again...a man remembering all dates of all kinds of insane anniversaries or a woman remembering routes while driving or even parking right between two vehicles just a few feet apart.
Or cut to a restaurant where the girl orders a hearty four course meal and the guy nibbles on the salad coz he’s on a diet to attain a zero figure.
A woman who is constantly on the mobile phone *not for gossiping*attending ‘urgent’ calls or emailing and a man cribbing about it or about the fact that she has too many girls night-outs while he sits around at home waiting for her!
The woman repairing the electric mains and the man telling you how to remove the haldi ke stains from a table cloth!
Actually such predicaments are not so difficult to imagine with modern day role reversals but instead of these being sporadic episodes, what if they become the scenario at large?
Certain roles have been pre-defined to suit the genders.
I am not averse to a duo going dutch to foot a restaurant bill or the idea of women initiating sex or proposing to a guy...
But certain stereotypes look cute as they are, don’t they?
It is sweet to have someone you’ve been eyeing come across the bar to ask you if he could buy you a drink*of course in a more innovative way*
Nice to have a boy fall on his knees to propose...
With a girl doing so thoda technical locha bhi ho sakta hain na...like the skirt getting lifted or if it is a mini skirt...too much excess being proposed than is intended.
Let men do the dirty work.
Ah the world where chivalrous men open doors for their better halves or even someone else’s better half or remove their coats to cover the slightly shivering petite form of their princesses in the harsh cold wind!
Rippling muscles adorning the Greek god like male form rather than the female’s.
Where men get ready to fist a loafer’s face blue if he raises so much as an eyelid at the girl on his arm...
Where long hair in ponytails, were strictly a woman’s domain and casing, bullet-proof looking leather jackets bore a ‘men-only’ tag.
Where men pay the bills when women shop!
Where women in sexy lingerie welcome home their husbands with a surprise and they live happily ever after in the room...at least for a few hours!
Where men are treated as gods and women as queens!
Where only women keep the KarvaChauth vrat*actually no point even in women keeping it but men observing this fast is a little too Karan Johar-ish!*
It is equally nice to have the man cuddling you for comfort more often than the woman doing the same round the clock.
Having a man cry once or twice in a movie is so cute, try living with a fully grown man-like something who is a cry baby!
It is better to have a woman tying up a neck tie than watch a man do his beloved’s sari...I mean like EVERY time!
I know of a working couple who stay alone in a metropolitan city and hence as need necessitate it to be...the husband gets up every morning to polish her and the children’s shoes and iron the clothes of the kiddos and his wife before he can do his own and go to office. Without intending to be prejudiced or high headed, but sorry, it is not a very pleasing sight for me...
I would like to give certain respects and benefits to the husbands by default just as women deserve certain pampering without having to ask for it.
I remember a while ago a tag doing the rounds of ‘What you do as opposed to your gender stereotype?’
I was tagged too...but couldn’t manage to do it then.
So here I go, on how though I love the basic stereotypes I equally adore breaking the moulds...
Oxymoron to the core!
I am not a normal girl...matlab ke sab straight hain magar kahin kahin crooked turns aa jaate hain:
1. I hate gossiping n talks about maids n mothers-in-law n children put me off like an electric short circuit darkening it all.
2. I absolutely like the idea of being a single or rather sole woman in a group of men*partying of course, you dirty minds* while the other men having their wives sitting in some corners and bitching.
Too many women in sight, is not a pleasant sight for me!
3. I can handle my man looking or admiring other women...I even join him to discuss some vital statistics...er...vital issues of it.
4. I don’t mind scurrying around getting the car repaired or paying mobile bills or circling the BSNL office to get my internet connection running*many women I know refuse to do such things as they consider them to be the men’s jobs*
5. I like ‘chedo-ing’ guys...not like a tapori whistle or ‘Aata kya?’ type ke sidey remarks...but a subtle tease works super duper with me! Sometimes I feel I flirt like a guy too...now how is that possible...we’d keep it for some other time.
6. I like to pay the bill at a restaurant once in a while or take all onus of a short holiday sometimes as a treat to my man... ‘Jao tum bhi kya yaad karoge ke kiss cheez se shaadi hue hain’ types ehsaan to his being.
7. I love action movies...though not the Jackie Chan kinds...I can’t stand the sounds they emit of ho-ha-wha*from their mouths of course* when they hit someone!
It’s like unpleasant noisy love making in the room next door when you aren’t getting any in your own.
8. I love driving fast...really fast...in fact I sometimes honk the life out of a youngster who drives at a snail pace ahead of me.
An oldie doing so is fine, but for a young blood...offo...move it!
9. I would love to someday get so drunk that I get onto a table and dance*hopefully the table would not give away n neither would I in the attempt to get over it*
10. Then there is the list of what I’d do if I were a man...have multiple girlfriends...walk bare chested on a very hot day...not bother about growing eyebrows...try to get into a wrestle game at least once n where the prospects of my winning are high...or punch someone hard on the face, without hurting my fist in the bargain...ride a Harley Davidson kinda bike...
Aaa....Actually not much else...
I am happier being a woman n batting the eyelids to get all these things done somehow anyways!
So while following the stereotypes is cool...deviating from the usual is sometimes ‘cooler’...now what concerns being AC*poor joke*is very much your take to be in life!