Amazing people who make me go on n on n on:)

25 November, 2010

Seeya's update

Well, for all of you who’ve been asking me what Seeya’s upto...
Here’s a quick update*okay, I know you are wondering...since when is “quick” four pages long...but then you know me by now...I hate briefs*;-)

My bundle of joy has now turned 11 months n a half n still a mini tornado in the making!
All my life I have detested mothers who have nothing better to do than rant hysterically about their kids activities that helloooo we just might not be interested in listening. So to save my ass from being a pain for all those around me, I hereby tell you guys about her sweet nothings and get it off my chest.

Item numbers seem to be the flavour of the season...
Why I feel so...my daughter’s favourite songs at this time of the year are ‘Munni badnaam hue’ n now ‘Shiela ki jawani’
A wee bit restless at the development...I frown at her each time she watches these songs on the idiot box with rapt attention that could put even the best of my focused students to shame.
And when I say ‘Seeya...’-ignored.
‘Seeeyaa...’-disinterested.
‘Seeeeeyyaaaaa...’-deaf for all she cares.
‘Seeya, Seeya, Seeyaaaa...’
I finally get her to turn her head at me...but look at me with complete contempt as though thinking,
‘What mom...you made my eyes turn from THAT to YOU?’
And so she returns back shaking her bums on the beats or jerking her head in a surprisingly professional attempt of being the next hip hop star!
She just has to hear music and her lower half breaks into something that tells us that with time she’s going to break some bones in dancing her guts out.


I have been teaching her new words n actions n generally a whole lot of stuff so that I can flaunt her off to interested onlookers at how much she knows.
You know how automatically the class begins for the poor little ones, in front of family n friends because selfish parents want to beam with pride when people watch all amazed at the antics...our very own monkey show, that’s free of cost!
I do that too*sue me, judge me*
She can say a ‘Ram, Ram’ to you with folded hands*do I see a raised eyebrow in admiration?*
She says “Jai” in front of the temples n raises her hands high asking god ji to make her itnaaaaaaaaaaa bada!
*Not still impressed, are you? Where are my arsenals?*
Seeya has learnt how to nod her head in a ‘yes’ n not just once but at least three to four times in one go to make sure what she demands is presented to her at once or send her mommy to the deathly gallows or feed her to the hungry tiger types!

She also does a “no” movement with that same little head, but that comes at the misappropriate time when we ask her to eat and sleep or when we tell her to still sit or mum for a while.
She does a pat on her head to show “offo”
And a palm on her mouth to indicate “haaaw”*don’t ask on seeing what!*
*I am so loving this shameless display of my teaching skills*
She can tell you where her eyes n nose n ears n tummy n bums are*okay, no Einstein here, but try teaching something to an eleven months old...phew! I’d rather teach Shakespeare to my class 10th students*
And no one taught her to but she can put her hand in the ladies kurtas to look for I don’t know what! We’ll just have to wait her to grow up and unlock the mystery.


I had been teaching her from a while to put a finger on her lips and say “chup”.
But in vain...
Cut to last Sunday when we took her to a children’s zone called ‘Fun City’ and there she had a blast looking at the swings n rides n teddies n generally all the stuff that makes you feel ‘wtf did we do as children, without these’...
After almost an hour plus of the gallivanting there I asked my mini beloved,
“Seeya, ghar chalen?”
And she glares at me n with some split second Lara Croft jerky action says “chup” to me and looks away...
Omg...the nerve of you one footer n even less...
:-)

No one’s ever raised so much as a finger at her, but ask her mummy kaise pitai karte hain n she’d hit her head with her little palms...
Et tu brute...ah...never mind...yeh moh maya ke sansaar mein aur expect bhi kya kar sakte hain na!

She has the ability to watch the television non-stop without blinking her eyes for almost one minute...
Do you think I should contact Limca Book of Records?
Maybe she’s the youngest to do that the longest...
And I am sure if we push her with advertisement of teddies n 9XN ke really dumb promo cartoons...who knows, we might have a genius in the making!
Only this genius would be a little misinterpreted...
No one other than the mum would interpret her as one!

She’s not interested in dolls...they get their heads sloshed off by her.
She prefers animals instead...never mind if she eats up their tails or breaks their limbs.
Give her a toy with light n sound n see her smile.
Look away for a second n return to find her opening the back side to look for batteries n wires*omg, do you think she would carry forward the torch of technical brilliance that her mom enlightened the world with?
Okay, wishful thinking time over*

She’s a smart cookie too.
She knows when she is being forcefully made to put to sleep, as I curl her tight in my arms and swing her from side to side...
At that time, she would repeatedly croon “mumma” or smile at me or trace my nose with her tiny fingers to distract my lullaby*maybe the lullaby is so horribly pitched that it keeps her from sleeping...should look into that*
She would call “papa” or “mumma” again n again if she feels you are not giving her the attention that she deserves*that is keep all your eyes on her and talk to her or do some clowning around to entertain Her Highness without flinching even for a second*


She likes to put her hand in the powder puff box n spread it...
She likes to put her mouth into the baby cream nozzle n devour the extracts...
She loves the newspaper which she can tear into bits n parts suitable enough to go in her mouth.
If she meets a new kid, her way of greeting him or her is by putting her fingers in his eyes...whoa, some fixations! I need to remind her the upteenth time then that he is a living human being n not one of her blinking stuff toys.
I guess I still need to teach her the right usage of body parts and their functions.

I scolded her once*just once* with the maximum of a little raised tone when she was creating foam of spit in her mouth repeatedly..
Maharani ji went over to the pillows on the side of the bed and sprawled there tummy down and looked away from me with a hint of tear mixed with wrath in her eyes...
The modern day “kop bhawan” people!

Did I tell you how she has the habit if getting up at odd hours of the night for her rejuvenation is over and her batteries now need an hour of playing with her, no matter if the hands of the clock are stuck somewhere between 3 and 4 o’clock?


And please do not bring her within striking distance of dogs...
She might be injurious to their health...yes, even the most ferocious ones, for she might just cuddle them to death.
And beg n plead n groan as much as you may...she might give you a hugggy only if it suits her fancy or you have promised her to take her out for “ghoomy ghoomy” that is for an outing!
She views sleep as a waste of precious time as though she’ll miss some action n so at the first hint of a wake up time, she would not waste time in slowly opening her eyes or taking an angdai aka Hindi film heroines, but sit upright on her cot or stand in a jiffy holding her cot as though some Major of the army somewhere shouted “attention”!

That’s my Seeya, Ladies n Gentlemen, boys n girls...
She has the softest of cheeks
And the cutest of melting smiles.
She can do enough drama to make Shakespeare proud n befool us all.
She is the apple, cherry, banana n the entire fruit basket of our life.
So until further developments, watch this space!
:-)

48 comments:

Tanvi said...

OMG She sounds adorable Su!!! I just want to come right there and pinch her cheeks NOW!!

sobhit said...

reminds me of my niece... d ghumy ghumy part.. d jai mata di .. n d mischivieous smile in particular.. guess all kiddos dat.. nice insight in2 d seeya world.. check d post 1 wrote on my niece.. got sm f her pix der 2.. u mite c d similarty... :P..

Shreya said...

awww.. sho sho shweeeet .. fab updates :)

loved every bit of seeya :)

joejoseph said...

ohhhhhhhh my sheeyaa betaaaaaaaaa


love you chweety,

uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Suruchi said...

Hi Tanvi,
Wow..that sounds like a super cool idea...
Please come over n her cheeks are all yours...after I am done with them, that is;-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Sobhit,
I think I had read that one...
Yup,all kiddos are the same I guess at the end of the day:-)

Suruchi said...

Shreya n Joejoseph,
Thank youuuuuuuuu:-)
Seeya sends a big hug back:-)

sobhit said...

arre dont think., do :P :P.. n koi aur dekh lena.. wud b interstng 2gt ur expert commnts odrwise ...

rantravereflect/ jane said...

awwwww :D she's soooo adorable, i find it hard to breathe, n makes me wan kids sooonnnnnn.. lol@ teh eye-grabbing photo- well , all i can say she is as eye-grabbing :D all my love to your lil' bundle, n shallsure watch this space for more !

Rià said...

Now this is what u call a super cute post!! She's an adorable doll...looks so so cute in all the pics.

Bikram said...

woooo hooooooooooooooo
a few days to go to be ONE.. what date is it EMAIL ME :)

lots and lots and lots of love to the little one .. and by the way you have described mommy dear has her hands full

and what no problem on taking her for a ghoomy ghoomy mera Faida hai usme .. when the others lovely beatufiul ladies out there see the angel with me they will WANT to have a word with him and tell me how cute she is .. so anytime ghoomy ghoomy time with me :)

You scolded her HOW CUD U ..
Not writing anymore comment now
bye

Bikram's Thursday challenge

Bikram said...

ok that was a little tantrum in support of the little one..


way to go girl yayyyyyyyy show them whose the bosss :) when she meets new kids.. chakk de fatte..

well kids say the truth so you beat her tooo, let me ring the social servies and contact them .. aisa to maine nahin socha tha suruchi aap aisi ho .. hayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

third pic she looks angry , what have you said to her,,, OH my

yes OFFO aap to padhana rehne hi den seeya ko..

aww thats nice RAM RAM to her tooo I got to come and see that :)
hey maybe next time you can put some video's of her he hehehe


Oh my oh my Loved reading this post , GOD Bless the little one .. and yeah DO let me know when is she gonna be a year old

And way to go you are doing a excellent job Ms. Mommy .. chakkk deeeeeeeeeeee :)


Bikram

Suruchi said...

@Sobhit...
Yes sir...as soon as I get some more time...pucca...
Just see the rate of my own updates...only two posts this month:-(

Suruchi said...

Hi Jane,
Wow...you want kids??????????
Good good...hopefully my updates would prepare you for the task ahead:-)
I hope the right word there would be ‘prepare’ n not ‘scare’:-)

She’s eye grabbing, alrite!
In fact she’s all all-grabbing!:-)
Thanks for the love honey...loads of love back to you!

Suruchi said...

Hey Ria,
Thanks a bunch...
Now I am looking forward to adorable posts from the bride to be too...
:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Biky...
Haaaaww...aap to gussa hoke comment end he kar ke chal diye...
Zor se nahi daanta yaar...bas ek nice little glare de the...
Jiske reply mein first I got a “hmphf”
And then...
More hmphf’s till I finally had to raise my sweet voice just a little...
Is liye relax...social service ke zaroorat nahi padege...
And if you must do some social service...come here n gimme a hand with seeya...
I could use as many hands as I get:-)

Thanks for the love...
She turns one on 10th December:-)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

oh my God !! The kids a genius !! ( must take after dad, huh ? Heehee.. This is the best pat abt blogging.. ladies cant throw their sandals at me ;D )

I still remember seeing small 1 yr old kids dancing to the beat of Muqabla Muqabla ( from the old Prabhu Deva-Nagma movie ) back in the early 90s..I guess now its time for Munni Badnam to rock the kiddies world

Cinderella said...

Modern day kop bhawan...lol !!! Blessings n hugs n kisses!

Vagabond said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....*gasps for breath*....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...........

=P
the picture with the teddy is really amazing and she knows how to tackle men!! bravo!!

kiss her cheeks for me. =)

take care.

Jack said...

Suruchi,

For the past few days I have been thinking of asking you about her and it seems telepathy worked. So PROUD MAMA speaks. You took me back by so many years and again reminded me of ACTION REPLAY with our grandchildren. May God be very kind to her and of course you too.

Take care

PS : Give her a hug from my side, please.

Mr. "Niraj" Lemon said...

That was cute....m back for commenting on the lovely post describing the angel...thats really cute...went back to nostalgic moments of me being a kid...having similar practices wat seeya does apart from putting hands in ladies kurta....he he he...Pictures of her are cute...

By the way...i m back to blogging world after sabbatical of 2 months due to various reasons..but as i promised you...here its me...Mr lemon....

Will be reading you all your post soon which i missed during these two months...

Mr Happy said...

I’d rather teach Shakespeare to my class 10th students* :) gud 1ne,

hope ur apple stays lyk that forever :)

Am In Trance said...

When I was reading this Post, I was out of my office, out of work tensions, out of client calls, out of any thing annoying, Out of the World...
Like I was floating out of my body and watching the little one doing things you just mentioned above...
And what a Bliss it is....

In our life, as we grow up, we get busy.. Busy living or busy dieing..
And.. These little wonders pull us back to where we were... For a moment it feels like.. "Ab Aur Kuch Nehi Chahiye.."..

Thank You So Much For This Post..

Mere ghar mein bhi babal kar rahe hain.. Jaldi karo Jaldi Karo kar ke... Sochta hun Jaldi Kar hi lena chahiye.. LOL..!

You Are The Best... :)

Sameera said...

Aaawww.. So sweet :)
Hugs to Seeya :) (Do tell her i'll take her for ghoomy ghoomy for hugs..)

Suruchi said...

Hi Ayu,
Thank you...just about as cute as you:-)

Hey Cin,
Thank you for your blessings that always find their way to Seeya
She sends a bear hug to both of you:-)

Suruchi said...

Hey Roshan,
Whoa...you never even met the dad, but by default he gets credit just because I am assumed to be duh!
Hellooooooooo....she’s gone after mum...
We can’t throw sandals, but we can give such glares that your screen just might burn..hehe

I remember dancing to Muqabla Muqabla too as a kid...
My gawsh...never realized I was so young;-)

Suruchi said...

Hi NAYK,
Wooooooooooooooooow....thank you for the big awwwwwwwwwwwwwww’s
I kissed her from your side and 1000 others too...
Never mind no 1000 people asked me for that...
But then, one needs excuses often;-)

And hopefully she’ll know how to tackle men:-)
Warna mom hain na guide karne ko:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Uncle Jack,
Seee....I understood what was on everyone’s mind...
Actually she’s the only thing on my mind right now...so for lack of anytng else to write about...Seeya comes into the picture...
Thoda bore he honge log max...at least that’s one topic about which I would write without using my grey cells:-)

Great to know I helped in the action replay...
Such memories need to be brought back n refreshed...
Hence this blog n such posts:-)

Hugs back to you:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Niraj,
Looooooooooong time...you were missed:-)
Thank god you differ from her in the kurta bit...
Warna what ladies laugh at concerning Seeya...wonder what kinda looks they would have given you;-)

Kahan gayab ho gaye the aap?
Waise some sabbaticals are good especially for writers...
I am struggling with my own writer’s block of sorts...
Lagta hain ek break mereko bhi le lena chahiye:-)
Looking forward to hearing more from you on your page:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Mr Happy,
Seeya would be so thrilled to hear her being called Apple...
That’s her favourite fruit...
Actually all fruits are her fav contrary to her mom’s taste buds:-)
With the CQ-cuteness quotient remaining the same...I hope she improves though as regards her sleeping n eating...
She almost brings me to tears with these activities:-(

Suruchi said...

Hi AIT,
You are so amazing, you know that?
I don’t know what I have done to deserve the complete love n affection of such wonderful people like you Bishu...

What you have commented above has so made the whole post worth while...
I need to THANK YOU instead:-)

When we had decided to go ahead with the adoption, it was so much more for my G than me...
He would often think ‘why should I work so much n for whom?’
N you should watch him beam now...
Although you must also be prepared for major changes in your relationship as a couple because the child demands a whole lot more out of you for being left with little to give to each other....
Touchy subject..
Aur kahin is par itminaan se baat karenge:-)
All the best...
N you share the “best” waala spot with me:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Sameera,
Whoa...so many people ready to take her for ghoomy ghoomy...
Seeya is one happy n blessed kid:-)
Thanks honey..
Hugs back to you:-)

pRasad said...

she is cuteeeeeeeeeee...sach me :)
And about all antics... tumhari buri sangat jo he ghar pe ..hehehee :D

Lots of love to Seeya..

Prithwish....... said...

such an adorable kid you have..:) i got reminded of my nephew and all his antics that he does..:)
lovely..I really appreciate the level of detailiing that u weave out in your posts..simply beautiful:)
cheers...

nil said...

awwwwwhhhhhhhhhh! GET HER TO DELHI NOWWWWWWWW!
she sounds like such a doll!

Amrit said...

Hey,

Sounds like you are enjoying and why not...

Blessings to Seeya from a relatively unknown person.

Miles Of Style said...

OMG...i LOVE Seeya! she's sooo adorable and it may sound funny but she looks just like you, Suruchi!!

Nikki said...

adorable is she....shez just so cute.....!!! :)

Shez so pretty...

Mr. "Niraj" Lemon said...

WElll even i thank god...i differ from her in that..hey by the way..i kept my promise and i am no more a anonymous blogger.....

Suruchi said...

pRasad...
Hawwww....mere bure sangat?????????
Seeya man he man mein thanks her lucky stars...ab aapko kya bataon:-)

Seeya sends bucketful of love back:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Prith,
I guess all children are the same n since I have my very own blog n a huge big mouth...I get the privilege of flaunting her n myself...hehe
Thanks for all the appreciation always:-)

Unknown said...

haila..kinni soni hai teri beti..:P

she will eventually become like u..mummy badnaam huui can say*

She looks adorrable..uske saath apna bhi do teen pics laga deti..u would have given some fodder to a lot of testerone charged men in ur blog...aiks! look what i am saying..:)

Will watch out this space for more..;) eagerly with bated breath..or if i just doze off,mind u waking me up? Pwwese? *

Suruchi said...

Hi Nil,
Yup...a doll like you n she loves to hang around ‘didis’
N a role model like u...would be completely my pleasure:-)
Next trip to Delhi would definitely have u on the agenda:-)

Suruchi said...

Hey A,
Yes...sounds like I am n I like the sound of it.
Like they say sometimes realizations come to us when we put our emotions in writing...
And this could be one such thing!
Thanks for bringing me more precisely to it:-)
And relatively unknown are we all...
Blessings are relatively more important:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Persis,
Thank you so much for the love...
She’ll love you all too, once she grows up n sees how u guys have showered her with affection every step of the way:-)

N it does not sound funny when u say she looks like me...
They say after a while even husband n wife start to look similar due to living together...so I guess that is not a myth:-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Nads,
Thank you baby:-)

Suruchi said...

Hey Niraj,
Omg...I think I just deleted a friends request on fb from you thinking I do not know “this” Niraj...
Now that I see your display pic here...I realize my mistake...
Is there a way we could redo that?:-)
Sorryyyy....
N yiy yiy yiy for coming out with such a panache...:-)

Suruchi said...

Oye Mady...Punjabi...haiy mein sad ke javan*that’s just about all that I can maroo of Punjabi along with actually maroo-ing it;-)*

I know she would grow up to be ten steps ahead of me...
She already is...literally n otherwise:-)
And apne pics uske saath zyaadatar absolutely drained waale hain...
Jo 2-4 charged men honge bhi kahin to bhaag jaate;-)

N I would never mind nudging u out of sleep...
Sone he nahi dena hain...Mady masi ko:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...